Charlottetown Transportation & Used Cars - Used Car Stunts
Watch for these stunts:
- Dealers trying to pass off damaged or fleet vehicles on negotiated deals. W
hat you thought was a defect-free new car may come with undisclosed hidden damage repairs, damage, or defects.
- A supplemental warranty being pressured on you. A well-built car with a good basic warranty
should have no need for any kind of supplemental warranty.
- Automobiles displaying low mileage (odometer readings may be rolled back illegally)
- Used vehicles that are represented as "executive car" or "demo"
- Seller will not or cannot show you the repair orders or identify the former owner
(Motor Vehicles can provide this using the serial number under the windshield)
- Vehicle shipped from other province or bought from another dealer
- Watch the vehicle while you are finalizing the paperwork.
Unscrupulous dealers will sometimes remove trim or fuel before you drive the product off the lot.