Charlottetown Using Job Search Websites
Not all Internet Job Search web sites are the same. Not that most jobs seekers
really care,because if a site has "the job" they want, its the only one that
matters. But the reality is that some sites make it easier to use, whether you
are posting your resume, searching for appropriate job postings, responding to positions,
and returning to the site.
Here are some features you should look for in an on-line job site.
- Ability to create unlimited resumes. Today, many job-seekers are on their second or third career, and want to showcase their experience differently for
different positions. Each employment opportunity is unique and as such so should your application be. Having various templates set up with information positioned according to job specific requirements is important.
- Create multiple cover letters. Equally as important to your application submission as the resume.
- Ease of use. The site must be easy to use. Time is a very important factor for everyone these days and if it takes to long to figure out how to use a site efficiently it can become very irritating.
- Form-based job search. How easy is it to specify your criteria; how good are the 'matches" found?
- Auto e-mail function. Can you send stored resumes to open positions? Can you send to positions found on other sites?
- Cloning feature. How easy is it to create variants of resumes and cover letters from ones you've already used?
- Ability to cut and paste. As opposed to using their resume builders.
- Visibility of city search. How easy is it to find jobs in YOUR community? Are most of the jobs shown actually somewhere else?
- Resourceful information. How useful and relevant is the information about related employment tips & topics.
- Useful information on the companies you are applying to. Can you find out more about the companies you are applying to? What business are they in? Where are they located?
- Ability to filter your job search specifications. Can you focus on YOUR needs, and not have to dig through irrelevant postings?
Here is a features comparison chart:
Edit existing resumes
Only local jobs
View employer info
See the top job search web sites