Charlottetown 60 Interview Questions
You can be asked many questions by interviewers, personnel officers, managers and supervisors during an employment interview. it is often helpful to anticipate the questions they ask, so you look more prepared, poised, and professional. Jere is a list of 60 sample questions for you, provided by Human Resources Canada.
Practice answering these typical questions before an interview with short answers. Answers should come automatically in an interview (the questions are about YOU, after all). You can practice alone or have a friend ask you the question. Answer out loud.
In real life, watch for interview questions that may seem unfair or even illegal.
About the job
- What do you know about our company?
- Why do you think you might like to work for our company?
- What interests you about our product or service?
- Are you looking for a permanent or temporary job?
- Why do you think you would like this particular type of job?
- In what type of position are you most interested?
- What job in our company do you want to work toward?
- What job in our company would you choose if you were entirely free to do so?
- Do you prefer any specific geographic location? Why?
- Are you willing to go where the company sends you?
- What are your ideas on salary?
- How much money do you hope to earn?
- Are you willing to join the union?
- What do you think determines a person's progress in a good company?
- Can you forget your education and start from scratch?
- If you lack experience, what do you have to offer?
- What jobs have you held? How were they obtained?
- How did previous employers treat you?
- Can you get recommendations from previous employers?
- What have you learned from some of the jobs you have held?
About your interests & personality
- What jobs have you enjoyed the most? The least? Why?
- Would you prefer a large or a small company or department? Why?
- What kind of work interests you?
- What do you know about opportunities in the field in which you are trained?
- What personal characteristics are necessary for success in your chosen field?
- What qualifications do you have that make you feel that you will be successful in your field?
- What are the disadvantages of your chosen field?
- Have you ever changed your major field of interest? Why?
- What are your future vocational plans?
- What have you done which shows initiative and willingness to work?
- What are your own special abilities?
- Are you interested in research?
- Do you have an analytical mind?
- Have you tutored a junior?
- Define cooperation.
- What is your major weakness?
- Do you prefer regular hours?
- How about overtime hours?
- Do you like routine work?
- What kind of boss do you prefer?
- Can you take instructions without feeling upset?
- Do you demand attention?
- Are you motivated to get ahead?
- Do you prefer working with others or by yourself?
- What types of people seem to rub you the wrong way-?
- Is it an effort for you to be tolerant of persons with a background and interests different from your own?
About your personal life
- Are you primarily interested in making money or do you feel that service to others is a satisfactory accomplishment?
- How do you spend your spare time? What are your hobbies?
- Do you enjoy sports as a participant or as an observer?
- What do you do to keep in good physical condition?
- What types of books do you read?
- Do you like to travel?
- Which of your parents has had the most profound influence on you?
- Does your spouse work?
- Tell me about your home life?
- How old were you when you became self supporting?
- What are your best friends' occupations?
- Do you have major debts?
- Have you had any serious illness or injury?
- To what extent do you use liquor?